The Professional Drivers Foundation: PDA Forums

PDF :: View topic - The week's wanderings w.e. 16th June
Welcome ( Log in )
Profile | Forum FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups

The week's wanderings w.e. 16th June

View previous topic :: View next topic  
squarepeg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: The week's wanderings w.e. 16th June Reply with quote

Some good weather saw some cider imbibed on Monday at various locations.
Tuesday was back to reality with a long list of things not done on Monday
Wednesday we did manage to grab a coffee break.
Thursday was a blur
Friday. Lots of places to go in a specific order (not logical) to get it all done,

YCWCYADTC
Bigger Birdie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consultation with my diary reminds me I did some work during this week Laughing

Monday: First drop Welwyn Garden City, then a slow ride through the rush hour to get to Greenford. A single pallet into Northolt necessitates turning in the yard of the firm at the end of the estate, made tighter than usual by more cars than I remember being parked around the place. Theres an official turning space in the enterance to the complex, but that always seems to be the local car park too Rolling Eyes . Having extracted myself from there its a quick visit to a new call in Hayes before running along to West Drayton. Final call was into Isleworth, where a query about beans looked as though their pallets would be going home with me Laughing . Whilst all of these drop were getting done Witch was at home keeping an eye on one of our cats who's tail had got bitten in a scrap. It looked poorly, so I begged a favour off my boss and shot back to the village lay by in the lorry to get finished in time for us to both be there to cajole our unwilling moggy into a cat box and whisk him off to the vets to have his tail looked at. Some antibiotics and an 80 bill later it was looking better Cool

Tuesday: Back to base to swap trailers and head to Hoddesdon, before motoring into Enfield to do a couple of drops there. Edmonton next, then across the north circular to Tottenham. Two in Leyton come next, then the final stop is in Beckton, before running home empty.

Wednesday: Today its visit Wembley day, followed by two stops in Park Royal. A visit to Alperton follows, then out to Greenford before doubling back to another part of Alperton. Southall and West Drayton finish the trip, then its home empty.

Thursday: Perivale begins the run, then back to Alperton, where
theres a pause while I await the arrival of the forkie. Greenford next, then up to a delivery which lists as Wembley on our paperwork despite having a Staples Corner post code to go with its North Circular location Laughing . Three round Park Royal finish things off, with an almost three hour wait at the last to ensure I didn't get home too early Very Happy

Friday: A lie in to end my week, then a little local run. First drop into a food factory outside Ely, then out to Bury St Edmunds and a customer I hadn't visited for quite a while. Once they were a notoriously slow tip, but no more. The tip is swift, the checking prompt, and I'm away much faster than I'd dared hope Cool . Final delivery of returns to Fakenham, then over to Kings Lynn to drop the trailer off for loading and my unit into Scania for MOT. Get a lift back with another of our drivers, then away for a fortnight of well earnt holiday Waving

Virtus Propter Se.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PDF Forum Index -> Meeting Point All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: