The Professional Drivers Foundation: PDA Forums

PDF :: View topic - Another week another dollar w.e 3rd Feb
Welcome ( Log in )
Profile | Forum FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups

Another week another dollar w.e 3rd Feb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
squarepeg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Another week another dollar w.e 3rd Feb Reply with quote

A busy start on Monday looking after Belle. Reports on the Big M are all positive. Very Happy
After that back to hibernation, a planned visit to the farrier was cancelled at the last minute.

YCWCYADTC
The Bulky Bulker Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few long walks, plus a few courses to attend, plus with me being off with my eyes being fixed, and reflecting on retirement in the process Shocked I realise a little bit of driving might help me retain some sanity, so I called at my old bulk lot, and once 't other eye done, I seemed to have 'volunteered' to do a bit of mid week driving as and when I'm needed. But more importantly if I'm doing something else when I'm needed thats OK with them too!

Mid March onwards will be the aim!
Bigger Birdie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday: A full load out to Basingstoke, back to Kings Lynn to fetch one home, then grab an empty and go next door to fetch another back.

Tuesday: After the TM had muddled the planning on Monday, I got a full load up to Northwich for Tuesday. A pleasant change of scene except for the closure of the road leading from the motorway to the DC, not mentioned until you've already left the motorway Brick Wall . Having had a break and got in a bit late, it was tip and trundle back for a nice steady day Very Happy

Wednesday: Rye Park begins the run, followed by a quick visit round the corner to Hoddesdon. An Enfield self tip comes next, which gives me the chance to move some pallets about for a later delivery, then its over to Walthamstow before running back to a little residential road in Upper Holloway. My luck is in as one of the lorries that's there when I arrive is leaving, and the one that turned in in front of me make a bit of room, so I can at least get parked out of the way. The earlier reshuffle means both pallets are together on the right side of the trailer making for an easy tip, then its just a question of threading my way round all the parked cars to make an exit. Up to Kings Lynn to reload back to HQ.

Thursday: A double Hoddy first, then along to Waltham Abbey and Enfield. Final delivery went into a little C&C in north Tottenham, where I surprise myself by managing a perfect blindside reverse into their road Shocked . Reload Kings Lynn back to Guyhirn.

Friday: Collect my trailer from next door for a change, and head down to Park Royal with a full load. I'm early but for a change the customer doesn't notice and I'm soon tipped and bound for Kings Lynn and another load home.

Virtus Propter Se.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PDF Forum Index -> Meeting Point All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: