The Professional Drivers Foundation: PDA Forums

PDF :: View topic - Feburary frolics w.e 10th Feb
Welcome ( Log in )
Profile | Forum FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups

Feburary frolics w.e 10th Feb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
squarepeg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Feburary frolics w.e 10th Feb Reply with quote

Very much hibernation mode this week, mostly housebound with just a quick trip out on Wednesday for a caffeine infusion.

YCWCYADTC
Bigger Birdie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday and Tuesday were spent being unwell at home with the nasty cold/flu/black death thing that's doing the rounds Sad

As I got top side of it and went back to work on Wednesday, Pat was limbering up to come second in the local "biggest cough contest" Laughing . She thought she had it won, until a friend of the landlord managed a cough so large it put his back out to such an extent that medical attention was required to put it back in Shocked

Wednesday: Back to work, and an hours wait for the night sift to return my unit. Once I had some wheels it was off to Harlow, and a little confusion as what it said on the sign at the address didn't obviously match the details I had. Until I looked more closely and saw that the name on the paperwork was there, just in very small writing on the bottom Rolling Eyes . Round the corner to my second Harlow drop, where early wasn't welcome. Problem was, having waited an hour to get in, it still took them two hours to get me tipped Brick Wall . Now with the clock against me I headed for a delivery on the edge of Harringay, then ran up to Enfield. Here a shift change back log looked as though it was going to mean the end of my day, but a phone call from HQ somehow bumped me to the top of the list and I was out in double quick time, allowing me to make it to my final call at Rye Park with minutes of the booking window to spare. Once tipped, there was just enough time left on the tacho to get me back up into the village lay by and walk home from there.

Thursday: Back into Guyhirn and swap trailers, then head for Belvedere. Signs warned of a big queue on the M25 towards the Dartford Crossing, so I elected to try another route, which didn't seem any faster, probably because everyone else had had the same idea Fit . Next stop was Erith, just five minutes down the road, but problems finding the pallets I was there to collect and their forklift going flat meant that got to be a time consuming job. More time sent queueing to get back through the Dartford Tunnel sent my punctuality further out of the window, but the Aveley folk weren't too bothered, they just wanted their delivery Very Happy . Last call into Welwyn Garden City, where I'd expected to find a closed sign, but instead got the quickest turn around of the day. Still not quite enough to save me from another night walking home from the village lay by Laughing

Friday: Run into Guyhirn to change trailers, then into the firm next door to collect most of my load. Shame it wasn't picked, as I didn't really have two hours to spare if I was to make the booking time Crying or Very sad . Once the goods were on the trailer, it was a blessedly uneventful ride down to Dartford, where the pace of unloading matches that of the rush hour traffic on the nearby bridge. That is to say slow, sometimes stationary Laughing . After they'd taken three hours of my life to get me tipped, the tacho said that no longer was there time to go to Sittingbourne as well, so that was rebooked and I headed for home, and the weekend Waving

Virtus Propter Se.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PDF Forum Index -> Meeting Point All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: