The Professional Drivers Foundation: PDA Forums

PDF :: View topic - July Jitters. w.e 7th July
Welcome ( Log in )
Profile | Forum FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups

July Jitters. w.e 7th July

View previous topic :: View next topic  
squarepeg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: July Jitters. w.e 7th July Reply with quote

These weekends are coming around far too quickly
Another week passed without registering much on the memory banks.
That said it's nice to enjoy some proper summer weather for a while, it will all end when the kids break up.

YCWCYADTC
Bigger Birdie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday: Not the start to the week I'd hoped for as trailer problems meant more than three hours messing around before I got away from the yard. The delays meant we took one drop off the run, so my first call was into Greenford, then back around the North Circ to Wembley. Here I had to wait for them to tip and reload one of their own before it was possible to turn around and get out, back down the 406 to Park Royal. Three drops in here, all hanging me around for various reasons to ensure that it was the village lay by for me at the end of my shift.

Tuesday: Back to base and swap trailers, then run down to Aylesford, via some horrible traffic on the M25 Rolling Eyes . From Aylesford I head back up to Dagenham, then along to Barking and Woodford Green. Final two deliveries go into Hackney and Bromley by Bow, then its straight home empty.

Wednesday: The middle of the week sees me doing a little self-tip in Enfield, then heading over to Waltham Abbey to do two drops in the same road Cool . Round to Beckton, back into Bow and then along to a side street near Pentonville prison, where parked cars meant tipping in the road was a far preferable option to trying to get into their yard. Straight back to base.

Thursday: Two slow tips in Hatfield put my plans for the day on the back foot, then a moped rider determined to get as close as he can whilst I'm trying to back into a side road near Staple Corner widens my eyes somewhat Brick Wall . Another two sluggish deliveries in Park Royal and Greenford mean some stock going home with me as I run back to base to get finished within my hours.

Friday: Run an empty trailer into a customers store at March, swap it for a full one and trundle down to Enfield. Park Royal comes next, then the final stop is into Wimbledon. Once again I'm watching the clock as the road home unwinds before me, and eventually the village lay by beckons as the best option for me.

Virtus Propter Se.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PDF Forum Index -> Meeting Point All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: