Best time of the year w.e 12th June

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Best time of the year w.e 12th June

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:49 am

A more difficult week than most but we've got through it. A daily walk in the park and a visit to Tewkesbury were the highlights

Bigger Birdie

Re: Best time of the year w.e 12th June

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:31 am

Monday: Busy morning giving three drivers their inductions. With them safely started I load some stock from our yard, then head around to March to collect some more for the same destinations. Sadly that stock hadn't been picked as a result of IT and comunication issues. Having established that it would be quite a while until it was picked, I pulled out and went to Wisbech and Spalding to deliver what was on the trailer before returning to Guyhirn empty.

Tuesday: Yesterdays picking issues continued and meant my planned load for today got cancelled. Instead I took another, begining with a visit to Waltham Cross, where I managed to make backing on to the bay look difficult. My embaressment was eased by the driver on the bay next door telling me he wasn't sure he could have got in there at all. From Waltham Cross down to Tottenham, and fun tipping in the road at the customers bulk store, before a relaxing run round the North Circular Road to Alperton to get drop three done. Up to Harrow to tip another, then back east to Bromley by Bow for what became the last stop of my day. A C&C in Barking had to be denied its delivery as getting there would have pushed me beyond what was legally possible, so back to Guyhirn we went, tipped the returns and dropped the trailer.

Wednesday: Another induction was planned, but sadly the driver didn't turn up :roll: Instead I pulled an empty long trailer accross to March, swapped it for an empty tall one, and then joined the queue to get loaded. That load was a full hit up to Boston, then run the empty high trailer back to March for them to load again whilst I bob tailed back to HQ.

Thursday: Another day another new driver to run through the induction procedures, then collect a load of charcoal from a customer, pull it back into Guyhirn and drop it off for another driver to take onwards to Doncaster.

Friday: DCPC day, so a smart shirt is required :D