Marching through July w.e.13th

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Marching through July w.e.13th

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:28 am

Or Not as the case my be.
Since my visit to the farrier my foot has been giving me jip, somewhat curtailing my marching season. Very much confined to barracks with just small excursions.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Marching through July w.e.13th

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:35 am

I thought the point of the farrier visits was to stop the foot giving you jip? Perhaps they're jealous of your tap dancing prowess and are trying to make you fall in the sink :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monday: Back in my own vehicle now its returned from the body shop. A full load to Slough is our first mission, but theres a problem with the type of pallet its loaded on, and solving that requires a lot of hanging about :roll: . Eventually a decision is made they'll take it as it is, but by the time I am departing five hours have passed since my arrival. Back to Bedford to load pallets for Guyhirn, drop the trailer at HQ and then run my unit into Scania for service.

Tuesday: First job today is to get my unit back from Scania, then head off to Egham a little later than planned. After Egham is a single pallet into a self store place in Brentford, then the last four pallets go up to <Marlow. Drop the empty trailer into a customers store at March and solo home.

Wednesday: Two deliveries to Harlow start today, then up to March to swap trailers and get the loaded one back to HQ. Having got that unloaded its back to March to swap again and return to Guyhirn. Drop the full trailer and set off to the firm next door for a load, bring that back to Bretts and then run my unit back to Scania to get the air con seen to.

Thursday: With a leaky valve replaced and the system regassed I'm cool again as I roll down to Hoddesdon for the first two deliveries of today. A little place in Enfield comes next, wit interesting access. I elected to come in from the opposite end of the road to previous visits, thinking this might be easier, which it was. Unfortunately it meant the narrow bit getting out was more awkward than doing it going in, so that's a lesson learned for next time :D . Hornsey is my next stop, then a place in Woodford Green before running down to Hackney. The final delivery goes into Bromley by Bow, then theres a little collection out of Leyton to run back up with.

Friday: Back to Slough, but with no pallet related issues this time, then more pallets out of Bedford up to HQ.