Hello July w.e 6th

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Hello July w.e 6th

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:08 am

A fine week weatherwise and not a lot happening at Peg Towers. The usual outings and potterings, just enjoying the weather.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Hello July w.e 6th

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:50 am

Back out and in amongst it after our Cornish sojourn. With repairs to my vehicle running behind schedule, its been a week of different lorries.

Monday: Start back to the announcement that my regular wheels were indisposed, so its off out in another one. Down to Bracknell with a full load, then back to Bedford to collect pallets. The trailer with the pallets on goes to Sutton, where I drop it and take an empty from there to Kings Lynn to collect a load going back to Guyhirn.

Tuesday: Another day, another lorry, this one turning out to be mine for the rest of the week. Sadly getting an air leak cured sees me running late for my Paddock Wood delivery, but they're quiet so theres no hanging about once I get there. Plastic waste is reloaded from a firm just around the corner, and delivered up to Manea, then its a short ride back to Guyhirn empty.

Wednesday: First drop Banbury, where QC issues hold me up for over two hours, then another Banbury with a queue. It was moving along nicely, but still much longer when I left than it had been when I got there! Final delivery was back at Ely, before reloading from a farm at Pymoor to go back to HQ.

Thursday: Collect a trailer from a customer in Peterborough for what I had been told was "Kent" for 0700. The paperwork revealed this to be a place near Sevenoaks, followed by somewhere billed as "Maidstone", despite being right next door to Paddock Wood! No doubt about the location of drop three though, theres only one Chessington on our schedule, and I arrive just in time to watch their previous delivery leaving, thus getting me tipped pronto and away to Welham Green for my last delivery on this run. Back to HQ empty.

Friday: A full load to Crick, then Kings Lynn for a full load back to Guyhirn. Tip that so that a collection from Walsoken can be picked up, and once that's safely back in our yard, that's it for this week 8-)