Beat the heat. w.e 3rd August

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Beat the heat. w.e 3rd August

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:37 am

A milo week this week where we looked after him for a couple of days. Visits to Railway steam day, parks and a special cycle day for him kept us busy.
Returning home I celebrated by taking a chunk off my thumb knuckle.
Who says life isn't interesting? :D :D

Bigger Birdie

Re: Beat the heat. w.e 3rd August

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:18 am

Monday: Down to Swindon with an almost full load to self tip. Wheel them off the back, taking care not to mix the products up, then after a well deserved tea break, run back up to Kings Lynn to reload for Guyhirn.

Tuesday: Collect trailer from Peterborough and trundle around to first delivery in Merton. Chessington came next, than back up to Harlow to finish off the trip. Back to HQ empty.

Wednesday: A change of plan sees me headed into Peterborough to fetch back a trailer which a customer hasn't loaded, only to discover on arrival that they have loaded it after all :roll: . Back to Guyhirn, pick up my trailer and run down to Harlow with a full load. Reload from Stretham back to HQ and done for the day.

Thursday: Overnight road works and the London Lorry Ban make for an interesting ride down to Croydon, then its back to the motorway to get around to Charlton. A quick tip in Bermondsey next, before heading across to Battersea. Sadly the absent paperwork hasn't caught up with me, so while that's chased down and forwarded by our office I nip back to New COvent Garden to get another delivery off. Back at Battersea the e-mail has arrived so with the right paperwork they can now take their delivery. Back up as far as the village lay by for the night.

Friday: Back to base and change trailers, then out to Erith to get one pallet off before running down to Paddock Wood to shift the rest. Reload Kings Lynn back to Guyhirn and home for the weekend 8-)