Where was you when war broke out w.e 7th sept

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Where was you when war broke out w.e 7th sept

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:54 am

Monday was Mother's day with a trip to Gloucester
Tuesday. Autumn digging in the garden resulted in a nice blister on the palm of my hand, it would never happen in the old rope and sheet days.
Wednesday. A frustrating day trying to find a stop/tail light bulb for my car followed by some blackberrying.
Thursday was MOT day
Friday POETS day

Bigger Birdie

Re: Where was you when war broke out w.e 7th sept

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:47 am

Monday: A busy day in the big smoke, beginning in Uxbridge before going to West Drayton twice. After going to Southall and Staples Corner, three around Park Royal finished the run off. Straight home empty.

Tuesday: First stop Egham, then quick visits to Banbury and Kidlington followed by a reload from Walsoken back to HQ.

Wednesday: A full load to Harlow, then collections from Felixstowe and Wisbech.

Thursday: A nice outing to a self tip in Swindon. There were supposed to be pallets back from Bedford, but they'd gone by the time I got there, so it was a collection from Walsoken once more instead.

Friday: Out to Rugby for a long wait to get on a high bay, then three around Wellingborough before nipping over to Milton Keynes to tip the last one. After an excruciatingly slow unload in MK there were barely enough minutes on the card to get me back to Guyhirn, so I had to leave it to the yard staff to drop my trailer once I'd got there and gone home for the weekend :D