Flying through October w.e 5th

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Flying through October w.e 5th

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:22 am

Another week has flown through, the usual daily routine this week with visits to Gloucester, Cheltenham and Tewkesbury.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Flying through October w.e 5th

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:47 am

Monday: Was a holiday for some of us, although not for others :lol:

Tuesday: Back to it, and a nasty shock as my units got more crumbs than diesel in it :o . The shocks keep coming as someones put my run on a fifteen foot trailer, and one delivery has a fourteen foot access limit :roll: . We get it transhipped onto another trailer and I'm away to Bicester, then round the corner to Kidlington. Ducklington next, and the fourteen foot access problem, then up to Reading for a long wait whilst they get their last few pallets off. Into Peterborough on the way back to drop the trailer at a customers and the unit into Scania for service then back to HQ in their loan car.

Wednesday: Scania get their loan car back and I return to Guyhirn to find my trailer. First stop is Isleworth, but the back and forth to fetch my lorry has brought me into the rush hour traffic, and for safetys sake I slide into Heston services to get a break in before cracking into the deliveries. From Isleworth its West Drayton, then a couple in Park Royal. The second of these normally makes us wait, but today they're in a hurry and I'm in and out in next to no time :D . Back to March for a trailer swap and home to Guyhirn with that.

Thursday: Down to Egham for a couple of hours hanging about to get tipped, then out to Reading for more of the same :roll: . High Wycombe follows, then a run up to Northampton to get the last few off. Straight home empty.

Friday: Faulty trailer ABS slows my departure from HQ this morning, but I'm less than an hour behind by the time I've arrived in Belvedere. Aylesford comes next, then up to the Isle of Sheppey. Home as fast as my wheels will carry me in a determined effort to avoid the worst of the Friday traffic.