Who did wot w.e. 12th Oct

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Who did wot w.e. 12th Oct

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:33 am

Monday we escaped on the bus, a circular tour to Cheltenham, Cirencester and Gloucester. A damp but enjoyable outing.
Tuesday was farriers day plus visiting Mother
Wednesday to Tewkesbury where the Mop Fair was getting into gear.
Thursday a No Plans day, also would have been my father's 112th birthday
Friday. Shopping and then Tewkesbury in the rain.
Saturday will be a Milo day.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Who did wot w.e. 12th Oct

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:50 am

Monday: Collect todays trailer from the customers March warehouse and run on down to Enfield. From here Southfleet is next, and the final drop takes me down to Paddock Wood. The tall empty trailer goes back to march to be swapped for a standard height one, and then I collect a little load out of our neighbours at Guyhirn and run it back to HQ.

Tuesday: Rye Park is the first destination for this trip, followed by a visit to a small place in Chingford. With the morning traffic abating getting on to Hornsey isn't too difficult. Two drops in Bow end the run, then its a reload from Peterborough back to Guyhirn.

Wednesday: Despite my best plans for early arrival theres still a queue at my first delivery in Wembley. A situation not helped by the less than prompt arrival of the morning shift to do something about it :roll: . The second Wembley delivery comes off in moments by comparison, and the Park Royal which follows doesn't take long. Slightly slower is the drop in Hayes which comes next, and takes longer to back out of and get turned around than it does to unload the pallets. A couple in West Drayton, the second also with access issues, and one in Ashford empty the trailer, whilst a visit to Sutton on the return journey puts a few pallets back on for Guyhirn.

Thursday: I arrive in the yard to discover that todays entertainment isn't on a trailer yet, which slows my departure somewhat :x and takes me from comfortably early to just about on time :( . On time for one large drop in Park Royal, and three smaller ones. With those off its back to Staples Corner, and a perfectly timed arrival to let one of theirs out so I could get in, before running down to Southall to tip the last few off. Straight home empty.

Friday: Back to Southfleet, and then down to Aylesford. Drop the trailer into March and bob tail back to HQ for the weekend :mrgreen: