A quarter of the way through February w.e. 8th

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

A quarter of the way through February w.e. 8th

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:20 am

Another week has sped past if you take your eye off it for a second it's gone.
Just the usual foraging and mooching about days plus I did manage to get a spade into the sodden ground and get my December planting done.

Bigger Birdie

Re: A quarter of the way through February w.e. 8th

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:54 am

It does rush by when you're having fun doesn't it :lol:

Monday: Reunited with my now sensor and side camera equipped unit, and off to March to collect todays trailer. Once hooked up and checked over my first stop is Rye Park, followed by a couple of calls in Enfield. Down to Southgate, then into Tottenham, which turns out to be a bit less narrow than my memory said it was 8-) . Back up to a farm near ELy to reload home.

Tuesday: Destination Hoddesdon to begin. I'm rather early for them, but they manage to fit me in. Shame we'd loaded their cancelled order alongside the stuff they did want :oops: , but it didn't take too long to work out what was what. Next on the list was a self tip in Enfield. The self tip bit went well, but it then took them three hours to get it checked, which meant I was there almost four hours in the end :shock: . That rather killed the chances of getting too many more deliveries done before the tacho called home time. After some consultations with the office I got one more done in Bromley by Bow, and ran the remainder back to Guyhirn for our rigid driver to take care of the next day.

Wednesday: Half a trailer into Hatfield starts the day, before a slow run in the traffic round to Southall for two quick tips. Back up to Staples Corner for another flying visit, then three round Park Royal, the last of which hangs me about for near on two hours. Straight back empty :D

Thursday: Another day, another run into Park Royal :lol: . Only one drop here, then up to Waltham Abbey for the other delivery on the trailer. With assurances that I'll be loaded promptly its a ride out to Felixstowe to reload. Here they got the memo and I'm back out the gate in an hour and a quarter, really rapid for this collection point. Back to Guyhirn and done.

Friday: Problems with other loads mean I get to go to Paddock Wood instead of Crick. No issues getting it off sees me running up to Aylesford for what was supposed to be a full load. As it didn't come to ten pallets in the end I'm diverted into a farm near Ely to collect some more on my way through, fetching the whole load back to Guyhirn and parking it for the weekend :mrgreen: