A week in April w.e 25th

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

A week in April w.e 25th

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:03 am

This week we did't go on holiday as planned
Spent it instead confined to barracks finding jobs to do.

Bigger Birdie

Re: A week in April w.e 25th

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sat May 02, 2020 4:55 am

Monday: Down to Harlow for the first delivery of the week, then around to Staples Corner for the second. Park Royal next, then its more Park Royal for the last. This customer has a habit of holding to booking times, and I'm very early, but the long wait doesn't happen, instead I'm away in short order and bound for Stoke Ferry in Norfolk to reload back to

Tuesday: Into Rye Park to get started, then over to Enfield before returning to Park Royal. Last drop goes into Perivale, then its up Stoke Ferry to reload back to HQ. An engine warning light makes an appearance on the way round, but checking the fault codes reveals its an air con issue, so I go home whilst another driver runs the unit into Scania for repair.

Wednesday: Sadly plans to retrieve my mended lorry from Scania didn't quite come off, so todays first task is to head into Peterborough and pick her up with now fully functioning air con. Once united with a trailer back at Guyhirn, its destination Harlow, to a different customer from Mondays visit. Over to Waltham Abbey after that, followed by visits to Southgate and Walthamstow en route to the last delivery at Grays. Straight home empty.

Thursday: Back to Grays, then up to Hackney, where I arrived just in time to be the days first delivery. Over to Enfield next, and a long wait, not helped by being early again, but with only one more Enfield to do its no bother, and with the second Enfield job off the back its straight home empty once more.

Friday: A visit to Paddock Wood makes a change form the London norm, before returning to Hackney with a much smaller delivery than the previous day. The end of my week is a run into Rye Park, but things are not as well there as they might. I'm early, so an hour waiting for the clock to catch up isn't unexpected, but the following four hours awaiting a free bay and tipping is not the norm for this palce, and results in my week ending with a visit to the village lay by as that's as far as the tacho says I can go.

Saturday: Return lorry to Guyhirn and start the weekend proper :mrgreen: