April Showers w.e. 2nd May

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

April Showers w.e. 2nd May

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri May 01, 2020 7:36 am

Another week of lockdown, harder to get through thanks to soggy conditions.
At least the garden seems grateful.

Bigger Birdie

Re: April Showers w.e. 2nd May

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun May 03, 2020 4:43 am

Its certainly been soggy, but its been busy too 8-)

Monday: First stop Staples Corner, then across the North Circ to Cricklewood. Sadly they're starting later during lockdown, so rather than sit about waiting I elect to crack on with a few others and try again later. Those others are three round Park Royal, none of which take over long. Back to a now open Cricklewood before running over to Southall. Final delivery is back in Park Royal, at a firm with an excessive fondness for booking times. Not when its a bit quiet apparently, as I'm away much faster than anticipated to a reload from Godmanchester back to Guyhirn.

Tuesday: After a bit of juggling plans, I set off to Bicester, then down into Battersea for the second half of the load. Empty back to HQ to drop the trailer so that my unit can go in to Peterborough for service. drop her off there and return to Guyhirn in a van.

Wednesday: With my unit returned from Scania, three drops in Enfield beckon. One more in Hoddesdon clears the trailer, which goes back to a customers store at March as its a high one suited to their loads, before I grab a low empty from Guyhirn and take it over to Stoke Ferry to load and return to HQ.

Thursday: A visit to Grays begins the tour. Next is a freight company in Rainham, something a little different and a new system to figure out, but they took their pallet which was the important bit! Dagenham next, and a C&C with a bit of a queue, but they were getting things done as fast as they could so the delay wasn't too terrible. The Edmonton delivery which followed is normally a place for queues, but not today, straight in and out, and Tottenham doesn't take any longer. Last stop Enfield, then up to Kings Lynn to load one home.

Friday: Back to Enfield for an early call at an RDC. A well timed call too, as the queue was building well by the time I was tipped. Rye Park next, then a little ride around to Woodford Green for the last. Reload from Stretham back to Guyhirn and done for the week :mrgreen: