Gathering nuts in May w.e. 8th

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Gathering nuts in May w.e. 8th

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri May 08, 2020 8:54 am

Another week passes by
Big highlight I attacked a green fence first scrubbing it with an anti-green mixture made up of Washing up liquid and bleach, then coated it with some fence paint I found in the garage, just enough to do the job.

other than that, lockdown rules.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Gathering nuts in May w.e. 8th

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun May 10, 2020 6:23 am

A slightly truncated week this week....

Monday: A wander into Rye Park to start the week, then a swift tip in Waltham Abbey before rolling down to Edmonton. Last call is into Harlow, then reload from a farm near Ely back to Guyhirn.

Tuesday: A little place in Wembley receives this days first delivery. then its a little visit to Park Royal. Drop three is back at Cricklewood, and turns out to be in the back of a little industrial estate. Apart from there being no one in, the access isn't at all suited to a safe delivery with an artic, so after a conversation with the office we move on. Down to a market at Southall, then into Battersea before running up to Dunstable to tip the last. Straight back empty.

Wednesday: First stop was Hatfield, there was some Park Royal and Staples Corner action, and a trailer change at March on the way back. But the news that my father had to be rushed back into hospital after a routine operation the previous day hasn't helped my recollections :cry:

Thursday: I had the day off while we await news on how my dad is getting on. He's stable and making a little progress, but the lockdown means York hospital may as well be on the moon for how much we can do from down in the fen.

Squarepeg

Re: Gathering nuts in May w.e. 8th

#3 Post by Squarepeg » Mon May 11, 2020 7:43 am

Good (ish) news on your Dad Ian, I know how it is trying to work when you hear that a parent has been taken into hospital. Never easy. Even more so in these times.