Creeping into Spring w/e 23rd March

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Creeping into Spring w/e 23rd March

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 am

Slowly crawling out of winter, the grass has grown at least 3 inches in the last week
An appointment free week meant I could potter around at a slower pace if that's possible. Spuds got planted and the usual places got visited.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Creeping into Spring w/e 23rd March

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:42 am

Some mowing of lawns features in my weekend plans.... :D

But theres been some miles covered first 8-)

Monday: Down to Park Royal for the first tow deliveries of the week, then back up to Staples Corner to tip the final pallet. Reload from Felixstowe after over an hours wait in the queue before the forkie showed his face, and back to Guyhirn with that lot.

Tuesday; Almost a full load into Slough, then a ride up to Alperton to shift the last two on the trailer. My arrival at Alperton was extremely well timed, as they finished the one before me, I backed in and within minutes the road was jammed with lorries waiting to tip :lol: . Two collections in Peterborough fill the trailer for its return to HQ.

Wednesday: A full load over to Crick, via an interesting diversion as the closure of the A605 ran traffic into Corby and more road works and diversion signs than you can shake a lost driver at :roll: . With that load off the trailer its back to base, swap trailers and head on to Woolpit to tip load two for the day, out on a farm this time 8-) . Back to a customers storage at March and collect a load going back to Guyhirn.

Thursday: My cunning plan to get out early and get a good run at the job came to naught as a lighting fault on the trailer meant getting the load transhipped before I could be underway. This moved me from comfortably in front of the job to struggling to keep up as I rolled into Waltham Abbey. Enfield came next, then a visit to Walthamstow before running around to Bromley by Bow. Trips to Barking and Rainham emptied the trailer, then a visit to our neighbours at Guyhirn saw me swapping it for a full one to take back to our yard.

Friday: Todays run should have been on a trailer at a customers facility in Peterborough, but hadn't been loaded when I arrived. As luck would have it there was an empty on site, and they were able to get it loaded as soon as I put it on a bay for them. Delivery number one took me up to Sutton in Ashfield, where my lateness had allowed one of their own to get in before me :roll: . The delay wasn't much as the forkie was in no mood to hang about on the job, letting me get on my way to Langley Mill and then Donington. Final pallet left the trailer in Leicester, then it was empty home via the A47 and some lovely views from the layby I took my last tacho break in. Back to HQ and done for the week :mrgreen: