Nobody's fool w.e. 6th April

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Nobody's fool w.e. 6th April

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:37 am

A week of various appointments and battering down the hatches
Apart from venturing out for our usual coffee trips I've been tucked up with a good book avoiding the April showers.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Nobody's fool w.e. 6th April

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:32 am

Monday: Its off to Park Royal for the first delivery of the week, then back up to Welwyn Garden City for drop two. The northbound theme continues via Stevenage to Leighton Buzzard, before running into a customer at March to fetch a load back to HQ.

Tuesday: Away to Egham nice and early to avoid to worst of the M25, then out to Reading. Here for once being early isn't an issue and I' allowed in almost an hour ahead of time. It doesn't make their unloading any faster mind :roll: . Hanging about here means I'm only just to time for my final delivery to Basingstoke, then its straight back empty.

Wednesday: A full load into Crick, then back to Guyhirn, swap trailers and head up to the outskirts of Skegness. A nice change of direction, and a fairly prompt tip too 8-) . Once empty I'm directed to a nursery near Boston, where the customer meets me and leads me over to their storage site, which turns out to be easier to find than the nursery was! Loa up there and back to Guyhirn .

Thursday: A return to Egham, followed by a second visit to Reading. Total deja vu is avoided by the last stop being Newbury this time. Back to base empty because we need the trailer.

Friday: Run into Peterborough to collect my load, to discover its still in the warehouse rather than on a trailer :shock: . To add to the problems, our customer has thrown an extra delivery into the mix, which is miles away from every thing else on the run. Having got the job on wheels, I head for Paddock Wood, Much mental arithmetic fails to find a way of squeezing the whole load into the available working time, so the unbooked extra delivery gets a ride round whilst I tip in Maidstone and Charlton before running it back to base for delivery to Chessington on Monday :D