Mid April doings w.e. 13th

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Mid April doings w.e. 13th

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:33 am

A quiet, relaxing week where little of note occuring apart from hopping between winter and Spring and back again.
I have been going around making a list of things to avoid doing this year but that's as far as it's got.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Mid April doings w.e. 13th

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:21 pm

It all got a bit busy this week :lol:

Monday: More than two hours of faffing around are required to find my trailer and then shift six others to get the bugger out! This makes me a bit late for my delivery to Crick, but they don't seem to mind 8-) . Over to Ely to reload for Sutton, tip that and run up to Kings Lynn to load one back to Guyhirn.

Tuesday: Run an empty trailer into a customer at Peterborough, swap that for a full one and go to Reading. Tip there and reload Kings Lynn to Guyhirn.

Wednesday: Another day, another delivery in Reading. Sadly this one has the wrong numbers on the paperwork, so despite having the right numbers to go with the documents, we can't come in :roll: . Much tooing and froing between offices via telephone and e-mail fills the following two and a half hours while I clutter up the road outside, until the right numbers are in the right places for the right people and I can come in and be unloaded :D . All good for Reading, slightly less good for the other four deliveries still on the trailer. The Basingstoke is always a good tip, and remains true to form today, whilst Chessington don't hang about much either. Congestion on the estate makes getting in as time consuming as the delivery itself in Ashford, and Isleworth are delighted to see me because they can go home once I'm unloaded. All that's left to do is get out of London and back to the village lay by within my duty time and with a tacho break squeezed in too :o . I manage it with a whole ten minutes to spare, and find out later that I picked a good night to avoid Guyhirn as an accident on the A47 had it shut and chaos all around.

Thursday; Back to base and swap trailers, then down to Rye Park and Hoddesdon for the first of the days deliveries. Waltham Abbey is next, where the paucity of shrink wrap on the pallet causes consternation, and lastly a little stop in Southgate to shift the final pallet before heading back up to Kings Lynn once more to drag another load home.

Friday: Two in Tamworth begin the end of my week. A trio of Birminghams follow, with the middle delivery turning into a saga as they didn't start when my booking sheet said they should, and when they did start there were lots of things they wanted to do before unloading anything was to be contemplated :x . The two hours spent there meant that the Coventry which should have finished the run needed rebooking as I didn't have enough working day left to get it done. Back to Guyhirn (almost) empty and home for the weekend :mrgreen: