May meanderings w.e 4th May

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Pat Ratcliffe
Site Admin

Re: May meanderings w.e 4th May

#11 Post by Pat Ratcliffe » Sat May 11, 2019 3:10 am

How many times do we have to tell you we have done all that? We are not entirely thick, you know :o :o

Bigger Birdie

#12 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sat May 11, 2019 8:36 am

A bit late, but my last week at work looked like this...

Monday: First stop Bracknell, then out to Ball Hill near Newbury to shift the final pallet. Reload bales of scrap in Stevenage, take those up to Peterborough and unload there, then run the empty trailer through to Wisbech, before collecting a full one from our neighbours in Guyhirn and taking it back to HQ.

Tuesday: Collect a loaded trailer from Peterborough, run deliveries down to Chessington and back up to Enfield. Reload from Stretham back to HQ.

Wednesday: Another trailer collection in Peterborough, taking me to Kent first. A quick tip in Sevenoaks followed by a slower one in Paddock Wood, then into Croydon. Here, despite having been before (although not for a while) I manage to miss the turning and have to go round the block to get back, not the easiest of tasks in this neck of the woods. Final delivery takes me through to Leighton Buzzard, before dropping the empty trailer back into Peterborough on my way through to Guyhirn.

Thursday: A ride out to a self tip in Chelmsford, then along the A12 to a Chinese C&C near Romford before going to Rainham for a long wait whilst the QC dept remembered where goods in was and signed off on their two pallets. Quick visits to Bromley by Bow, Leyton and Hackney empty the trailer out, then a visit to Fulbourne fills it back up nicely for the ride home.

Friday: An early visit to West Drayton to try and get ahead of the Bank Holiday Friday madness pays dividends, and a good tip in Southall follows. One into Staples Corner, most of the load into Park Royal and we're looking like things are going well, but my final stop is also Park Royal, and they're not good at early. After two hours the tacho will allow me to wait no longer so home we go with their pallets still on the trailer.

HerlichApophis
Site Admin

#13 Post by HerlichApophis » Sat May 11, 2019 10:52 pm

If I get them then there's no reason why no one else shouldn't other than not having it set up correctly !! I have attached a screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png (94.88 KiB) Viewed 12 times

Pat Ratcliffe
Site Admin

#14 Post by Pat Ratcliffe » Sun May 12, 2019 1:52 am

And that is exactly how both mine and Ian look like too :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It would certainly suggest to me that there is a major setting somewhere that only the creator/owner of the websites can alter to allow users to get notifications.

It can really be nothing else, can it?

Pat