Pre Easter week. w.e 3rd April

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Pre Easter week. w.e 3rd April

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:28 am

No Eggsackly an exciting week. It started with a visit to the farrier but then went downhill when a leg decided not to cooperate.
I was nobody's fool on Thursday but with so much false news flooding the media these days those stories which were published didn't rise above the norm.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Pre Easter week. w.e 3rd April

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:01 am

A short but busy week this one 8-)

Monday: First stop Enfield for a rather slow back door tip, then over to Harlow for a rather faster unload. Last drop down into Southgate, before reloading from Fulbourne back up to Guyhirn.

Tuesday: Back to Enfield, but an altogether more rapid side tip this time, then round the corner to take a break before running down into Edmonton. That break gave them time to finish loading their own and provide me with an empty yard to manoeuvre in. A short hop accross the north circ took me to Tottenham, before the job went east to Hackney and Bromley by Bow. Back to Walthamstow for two stops on adjacent industrial estates. Back to Guyhirn empty as my lorry is due its service appointment with Scania. Drop the trailer in our yard then bob tail through to Peterborough so the nice garage can have a look at her, returning to HQ in a loan car.

Wednesday: Back to Peterborough in the loan car to retrieve my unit, then return to HQ to get hold of todays trailer. A full load into Harlow comes first, followed by a reload from Kings Lynn back to Guyhirn. Swap trailers at HQ then nip into the firm next door to tip one load and collect another. Back to base with the fetched load and park up for the week.

Thursday: A tour of local garden centres for Pats birthday, to help her choose her birthday presents. Many plants are bought and much fun is had 8-)