Post Easter events. w.e. 10th April

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Post Easter events. w.e. 10th April

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:01 am

Winter returned, I returned to hibernation. Let's tick another week off.
I did manage to speak to the doctor's secretary with regards to my driving licence medical. My own doctor is too tied up in the covid vaccine roll out to do any doctoring at the moment so she is going to make arrangements with another doctor and get straight back to me. When pushed for a time line she suggested I call her again at the end of next week if I've heard nothing by then.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Post Easter events. w.e. 10th April

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:12 am

Bit behind with the diary...

Monday: A Bank Holiday. No lorries were troubled in the passing of this occaision :lol:

Tuesday: Back to the tarmac. A little confusion over start times and destinations saw me starting a little earlier than suggested. This turned out to be a good idea as half the load needed collecting en route. With the pallets picked up from March it was destination Reading for the first drop, ending up only an hour behind schedule when I got there. Just under two hours to tip that, then over to the other side of town to get another drop done. Last stop Isleworth, where the forkies decision to cross the road just as I arrived sped up the unload quite nicely. Back to March to drop the trailer in the customers yard and solo back ot HQ.

Wednesday: A trio of Park Royal deliveries to begin the day, then along to Uxbridge before running round to Hayes, and a farm up a narrow residential road. Since my first visit some while back an "Unsuitable for HGV" has appeared, which prompted me to take a little exploratory stroll before commiting to taking the lorry in. With access acheivable the tip was swift, and i headed back to March to swap trailers to run a loaded one back to HQ.

Thursday: The load has been changed somewhat over night following customer order alterations, so my first stop is now Harlow, with a near two hour wait to get tipped, then accross to Hoddy before running along to Waltham Abbey. Last stop is down in Tottenham, then its up to Stretham to reload. Being two hours early for my booking results in some hanging around, and by the time its all on board the village lay by is as far as we're getting today.

Friday: Swap trailers back at our yard and head out to Chelmsford, as the load is in reverse order to the instructions I got the day before :roll: . After a swift self tip its back to Enfield before heading up to Harlow. Swap trailers at March on the way home and park it all back at Guyhirn for the weekend :mrgreen: