Thwarting the dragon w.e. 24

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Thwarting the dragon w.e. 24

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:07 am

A busy week leading up to St Georges day, so busy in fact that I can't remember all I did.
I do remember I got my ears lowered on Tuesday and mowed the lawn on Wednesday
Thursday was canceled and Saturday we may see the Grandchildren.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Thwarting the dragon w.e. 24

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:57 am

Monday: A little self tip action in Enfield to begin the week. The uncharacteristically empty yard doesn't translate into a swift turn around for some reason, but I still make it down to Hackney on time, and then early into Bromley by Bow and the last Enfield too. Collections from Peterborough and Guyhirn get me back into HQ.

Tuesday: A trio of Park Royals, followed by a lot of hanging around in Harrow. Reload from Stoke Ferry back to Guyhirn.

Wednesday: A little trip into Harlow to get started, then down to Enfield for some hanging around before nipping to another Enfield for a much quicker tip. Dagenham comes next, then a surprisingly early unload at Thurrock. This proves the old adage of not asking not getting, since this RDC almost never admits early, but today they did, ninety minutes early in fact. Getting that off allows time for a reload out of Dagenham, which gets me back to Guyhirn with some money in the back.

Thursday: Another day, another AM visit to Harlow, with a little Hoddy time to follow. Double Edmonton comes next, then a little trip to Walthamstow. Leyton followed by Bromley by Bow concludes the deliveries, and its up to Fulbourne and a pleasingly deserted yard to reload for home.

Friday: Not the start to the end of my week I'd hoped for, as not all the load is in when I start. Once the load is together time is against me, but I'm still down at Park Royal in fair time, then accross to Wembley. Last stop is down in Wimbledon before running for home with a couple of less urgent drops still on the trailer.