Soggy May w.e. 22nd

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Soggy May w.e. 22nd

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri May 21, 2021 7:57 am

I don't know if it's March or November, either way, outside activities are seriously curtailed. I had hoped to see Mother this week but the first booking I can get is June 2nd.

Bigger Birdie

Re: Soggy May w.e. 22nd

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun May 23, 2021 6:07 am

I don't think there was a day without downpours this week :(

Monday: The days first drop was supposed to be in Hatfield, but its no entry until 0800, so we went to Hoddesdon instead to start the week. Drops in Waltham Cross and Enfield followed, before a short hop round the North Circ took me into Southgate. Now it was Hatfields turn to get their delivery at last, before running out to Stoke Ferry to reload back to Guyhirn.

Tuesday: A different Hatfield to begins todays travels. Despite carefully arriving before shift change to get a bay, it still nearly two hours later before the wheels are turning once again. They turn all the way to Greenford, and then roll some more into Park Royal for three deliveries. Two come off easy, the final one swallows another two hours of my day as they like to run to time. Straight back to Guyhirn empty.

Wednesday: A third visit to Hatfield, to a third different customer. A good turn around gets me over to Hemel ahead of schedule, only for them to reject a couple of pallets with date issues. These cause problems at Feltham, which is another drop for the same customer, but we leave with everything in the right place. Southall relieves me of two more pallets, then the last few go out to Slough. Back to HQ with the returns.

Thursday: Rye Park begins the trip, then a little Waltham Abbey follows. Walthamsow was drop four, before ending up at Bromley by Bow. Straight home form there.

Friday: Leyton, Hornsey and Edmonton get visits today, then the trailer is left at a customers store in March en route back to HQ.