April showers in May w.e 15th

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

April showers in May w.e 15th

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri May 14, 2021 8:10 am

My mother is convinced the earth has tilted and all seasons are a month later than they should be hence a soggy week. The annoying thing is wee have light nights and I can be out enjoying them.
Not a lot happened this week of any significance but all of a sudden it's Friday again.

Bigger Birdie

Re: April showers in May w.e 15th

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Sun May 16, 2021 5:51 am

Your mum may have a point, nothing is making much sense about the weather just lately :lol:

Monday: First visit in quite a while to Bracknell for a nice civilised back door tip. Next stop was Feltham, for a slightly less civilised side tip in the middle of the road. The final delivery took me to Hemel Hempstead, then empty up to Kings Lynn to load one back to HQ. Swap trailers at Guyhirn and run back to Kings Lynn to load another one in.

Tuesday: Down to Enfield for delivery number one, then back up the A10 a smidge to do one in Cheshunt. Stop three is Leigh on Sea, where I have to hang about for a while until they send someone over to their bulk store to unload me. Along to Rochford next, and some more hanging around whilst a van is moved so I can get turned around, then up to Colchester. This took quite a while as the A12 was closed following a two car accident. With the Colchester pallets gone, its back to Scania at Peterborough to drop my unit off for service, and once we'd worked out which one to take, back to Guyhirn with another truck.

Wednesday: My unit had been returned from service in time for me to get stuck in to todays entertainment. Deliveries started at Kings Langley with a bit of a wait for them to open. Two stops in Park Royal come next, followed by a little trip over to Acton. Final pallet went to Southall, then it was straight home empty.

Thursday: Some self tip action in Enfield, followed by a long wait to get the goods checked. Round to Southgate, where it takes longer to back in than it does for the forkie to lift their pallet, then back to Park Royal to revisit one form yesterday and one other too. Final delivery takes me to Perivale, then theres a reload from Fulbourne to run back to Guyhirn.

Friday: This friday its a DCPC day 8-)

Saturday: Part 2 of fridays DCPC course.