Leading up to Oak Apple Day w.e. May 29th

The place to chill and swap your views, wind down after a tedious week or just chat about life on the road.
Forum sponsored by Bretts Transport

Moderators: Pat Ratcliffe, Squarepeg, Bigger Birdie

Squarepeg

Leading up to Oak Apple Day w.e. May 29th

#1 Post by Squarepeg » Fri May 28, 2021 8:03 am

Another week where not many adventures happened, just general pottering, foraging and a daily walk in the park.
Saturday is Oak Apple Day

Bigger Birdie

Re: Leading up to Oak Apple Day w.e. May 29th

#2 Post by Bigger Birdie » Mon May 31, 2021 6:32 am

Monday: An early go to get down into Hackney for an 0630 booking. Having squeezed in a break along the way you can imagine my surprise when I got there to discover one tipping ahead of me! He wasn't long though, and then it was my turn to tip. Straight to Bedford to reload pallets, once I'd navigated the RDC's new access system, then up to Sutton to deliver them to our customers factory. From Sutton its a nice run over the Fens to Kings Lynn for a load back to Guyhirn to finish the day off.

Tuesday: Some confusion this morning as my first delivery to Redditch is no longer on the run sheet, but is on the trailer :shock: . Some investigation reveals that its been rebooked by the customer for later in the week, so we take it off the lorry and I crack on with whats left. That is two drops in Evesham, a pleasant change of direction for me away from London. The first had moved their goods in area, just to keep me on my toes, whilst the second was just as it always has been, and neither of them kept me hanging around for long either. That meant another run through to Kings Lynn to reload back to HQ.

Wednesday: Double Hatfield to begin the day, followed by a run into Park Royal. One drop in Southall finishes the deliveries, and a collection of pallets in Hoddesdon takes me home.

Thursday: A slight delay to departure this morning whilst some load restraint issues were taken care of, then it was off to Enfield to do two drops. Another in Waltham Cross and one in Hoddesdon completed the London leg of the run, before I ran out to a little services at Chelmsford to swap trailers with another driver who had more time available for the final delivery of the day. Back to Guyhirn empty and hang up the driving gloves for this week.

Friday: Part one of this weeks DCPC course.

Saturday: Part two of the DCPC, plus a surprise visit from the JAUPT auditor to check we're doing it all properly. He seemed happy, now we've got to wait a couple of weeks for his report to see the details. Let the finger crossing commence.